Wednesday, March 10, 2010

almost forgotten

I cannot remember your squint after a long fit of laughter

nor the touch of your hand as we sit, awed by the fire.

The color in your eyes has sunk deep into an old photo,

and the corners of the photo, reminders of your forgotten your smile.

Reminders of the days, when I awake with your warmth.


Gone are the days, when we occupied my spaces,

warmth now disappeared from each corner and each nook.

There is, but one place where you remain sharp and alive;

one place where your hands still pull at my heart.

But gone are the days, when I awake to your warmth.


As I return for a dream between morning and snooze,

15 minutes to recover a loss that should never have been.

Behind a fountain your figures disappear into shadows

and the figures in silhouette grow closer to one .

You return to speak, awaited words also seem to arrive,

slowly and with clarity the unknown seemingly released.

Then just when you are ready to tell me your truths…

15 minutes are gone and your voice turns to what wakes me.

Also gone are those days, when I awake to your warmth.




No comments: