Thursday, April 01, 2010

I cannot say that I have never run from anything in the past, even with my heard-headed nature, but I can see with a certain clarity - even during the events themselves - that I am running from something at the current moment. Even with my mind blurred with days of intense sessions and long runs, so as not to great the thing from which I run, I can see what it is that I am avoiding. It moves like a puma in the jungle, so black it nears purple and morphs into the shape of everything that embodies it. It is an ocean, it is everything that floats quietly on the tips of small waves, everything that looms in the agression of stormy seas. They are friends, they are awkwardly shared friends, they others held in common. Today and yesterday, I run from the ocean of reminders. Tomorrow, I run again.

No comments: